The Mountain King [Original] The Mountain King [Original]

I feel as though the first two minutes of the song was great, then there was a part in the song ( about 30 seconds long ) that felt like it wasn't meant to be there and that that part of the song was a waste of time, the rest of the song was a bit meh but I did really like the starting of the song. I know I'm being harsh but it's just constructive criticism ( from a non-critic ;) ). I liked it overall and I also noticed that the start of this piece is the same as the start of The Dark Descent! Keep up the good work, I love piano solos

Thanks for the review.

I made a conscious effort to differentiate this song from "The Dark Descent".
I realized about half way through making this that the two would undoubtedly sound similar due to them both being solo piano pieces, and so I tried to give this one a more lively feel, unlike TDD which was almost entirely written in minor.
I normally start a song with the chord progression, because I don't want the melody to be the main focus.
And as for the length, this song was meant to be more ambient than anything.
Similar to TDD; a low bpm and an indistinct melody gives the mind little to focus on, hence categorizing it as background audio.
I'll be honest, I disagree with you about the last part being a "Waste of time".
I wrote this in a very similar way to TDD, I decided to repeat each verse twice with an added octave, among other details, to provide a more diverse movement.
By doing this, I am able to keep a steady variance, whilst not over-doing it.

I don't want to seem like I'm rejecting your review, I have and always will try to accept all advice.
I just want to explain my reasoning behind the composition.

Thanks for the feedback regardless, it's always helpful!

Megalovania Slow Rmx Megalovania Slow Rmx

I would never of thought about having a slow remix of Megalovania. I quite like what you've done here, keep it up!

LevenNeverKeep responds:

Thanks :D

Journey [Original] Journey [Original]

It's a great song! Although I think the ending 'movement' could be a bit longer (but that's probably just personal preference). Anyway, great job!

Retnuh7 responds:

To be honest, I found it difficult enough to make the song as long as it is, but I'll keep the suggestion in mind.
Thanks regardless!

The Dark Descent [Original] The Dark Descent [Original]

Amazing! I love the piano and the mysterious feel to the song. Great work!

Retnuh7 responds:

Thank you, although I feel like a five is far too generous.

Oración [Cover] Oración [Cover]

I absolutely love piano music and this is one of my favourite pieces now! Cool cover, can't wait for more buddy!

Thank you very much!