Portal Testing Portal Testing

I really like it. I kinda like the fact that it looks basic and sketched. I love Portal so of course I'd love this. Please do more!

Retnuh7 responds:

Thanks for the review, I might make more in the future, but considering how long it took me to make something this simple, it might be a while.

Kill Donald Skunk Kill Donald Skunk

Very cool!

The Mountain King [Original] The Mountain King [Original]

I feel as though the first two minutes of the song was great, then there was a part in the song ( about 30 seconds long ) that felt like it wasn't meant to be there and that that part of the song was a waste of time, the rest of the song was a bit meh but I did really like the starting of the song. I know I'm being harsh but it's just constructive criticism ( from a non-critic ;) ). I liked it overall and I also noticed that the start of this piece is the same as the start of The Dark Descent! Keep up the good work, I love piano solos

Thanks for the review.

I made a conscious effort to differentiate this song from "The Dark Descent".
I realized about half way through making this that the two would undoubtedly sound similar due to them both being solo piano pieces, and so I tried to give this one a more lively feel, unlike TDD which was almost entirely written in minor.
I normally start a song with the chord progression, because I don't want the melody to be the main focus.
And as for the length, this song was meant to be more ambient than anything.
Similar to TDD; a low bpm and an indistinct melody gives the mind little to focus on, hence categorizing it as background audio.
I'll be honest, I disagree with you about the last part being a "Waste of time".
I wrote this in a very similar way to TDD, I decided to repeat each verse twice with an added octave, among other details, to provide a more diverse movement.
By doing this, I am able to keep a steady variance, whilst not over-doing it.

I don't want to seem like I'm rejecting your review, I have and always will try to accept all advice.
I just want to explain my reasoning behind the composition.

Thanks for the feedback regardless, it's always helpful.

Megalovania Slow Rmx Megalovania Slow Rmx

I would never of thought about having a slow remix of Megalovania. I quite like what you've done here, keep it up!

LevenNeverKeep responds:

Thanks :D

Journey [Original] Journey [Original]

It's a great song! Although I think the ending 'movement' could be a bit longer (but that's probably just personal preference). Anyway, great job!

Retnuh7 responds:

To be honest, I found it difficult enough to make the song as long as it is, but I'll keep the suggestion in mind.
Thanks regardless!

Henri Halfbottom Full Body Portrait Henri Halfbottom Full Body Portrait

Very cool! The amount of detail in it is amazing! I also love the colour except for the background, personally I'd like it to be more vibrant. But overall amazing!

[ANX] Valor [ANX] Valor

Personally I think the best colour combination is black and red so I'm probably gonna naturally love this piece (plus I love pokemon). Anyway, amazing piece same with your Zapdos one, alot of detail in it and the particles play a significant role in this piece of art. 5/5 I hope you do Articuno next!

[ANX] Instinct [ANX] Instinct

What an amazing piece of art! The colour is great (with all the different shades) which adds alot of detail and the particles also add alot to the piece. Very professional looking. No faults, 5/5.